Sunday, December 7, 2008

Not sure I should be saying anything but...

I just received an email from an online quilting store where I buy some of my fabric. The owner has a dilemma. Westminster/Free Spirit Fabrics, who produce quilting fabrics from wonderful designers such as Amy Butler and Joel Dewberry, has sent out a mandate to sellers of their fabrics - sell it for $9.50 per yard or you can't sell it at all. Their reasoning? They want to maintain the "integrity" of their brands.

Now, I don't know about you, but I will no longer be buying their fabrics if that is the going rate. I can buy Moda, Michael Miller, etc. at $7 - $8/yard and I feel their fabric is just as good quality as W/FS. Free market is free market to me. Now, I realize that it is their right to mandate this, but do they really think it is a good idea, in a bad economy, to start requiring that folks charge more for their products? I am still kind of stunned by this notice, so don't mind me.

BTW, I just found out from Tracy and Liz of http://tracyandlizsblog.blogspot.com that I am the lucky winner of one Amy Butler Anna Tunic pattern - YEAH! Go visit their blog for some great ideas and tutorials.



I have loved that pattern for quite some time and am so excited to win it. Thanks so much Tracy and Liz! I will try to post a picture of a creation made with the pattern.

I am going to work on my Christmas cards this week, I will be posting pics soon. I am trying for the first time to make my own - a combination of fabric, plain paper, buttons and patterned paper (and maybe some glitter!). Well, if it goes well I will post pics! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment