Wednesday, January 9, 2008

testing, testing...

i feel like i've just walked up to the microphone in a public speaking class & i am trying to clear my throat. i was always nervous speaking to the class & find myself somewhat nervous here. thankfully though, my face isn't bright red (at least i don't think it is!). i love to write, but have never been much of a sharer of my writings. i have journals full of my personal musings, but i never put my hand up during class to read what i had written. so, as my new year's resolution, i have resolved to "put myself out there". whew!

so now that we're past that, let me introduce myself a little. i am a 34 year old diyer that, as the name describes, stays up way too late diying (is that even a word?). many nights i have heard the clock chime 2 or 3 times while i am crafting away. i just get caught up and can't walk away. i am the same way with books.

what diying do i like to do you ask (let me keep up the pretense that there are thousands of you out there hanging on my every word, a girl can dream, huh)? i think i heard that question from the 12th row. well, i love to sew and i am finding a renewed interest in knitting, although my knitting skills are still on the scarf level. i am trying to improve, believe me. the cold weather makes me want to dig into my yarn stash. when it comes to sewing, i enjoy making bags and other accessories as well as my latest obsession - baby gifts. from baby quilts to bibs, i find these pieces flying off my sewing machine lately.

another reason for my decision to start a blog was to improve my picture taking skills. i am a bad photographer. one only has to take a peek at my flickr page to see the evidence. i avoid taking photos almost as much as i avoid being photographed. so, another part of my resolution is to start taking & sharing more photos. under the old adage from my coaches - practice makes perfect (or not), i am going to try to take pictures every day. bear with me, some of them will be totally irrelevant and some of them will be from my new camera phone, which i am still trying to figure out. some will be high quality, some low quality. some of my creations, some of my surroundings. some of...okay, i am sure you get the picture (no pun intended), i will be taking pictures.

i am closing it out for the day. i have to run to the fabric store & also pick up supper. hopefully i will be back tomorrow and maybe even have some photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment